Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brain Overload!

Hey there. So, I'm thinking if I could blog more of my thoughts for the day, week, etc., then I might have more room in my mind for other things, like remembering I have a blog spot! That probably doesn't make any sense, but in my mind....it does. So, thought for the day....online college programs are much harder than I anticipated! I have become more computer oriented in the past week and that was just the setting up for the program. And then there's the actual program. The courses and exams and assesssments and proctor site tests and discussion threads and well, alot of smart people stuff! And having to commit at least 20 hours a week for school, I still have to work everyday and do mama stuff and clean and cook and do homework and study and.....ok, I think I'm in a little over my head....or alot! Work has been pretty hectic lately as well. I've been substitue teaching for P.E. and I'm pretty p.e.'d out! I've taught it for 3 weeks straight and thought I was finished and then next thing I know, I'm doing it again! I have had my exercise for the year...and it's only Jan. 18! When I made my New Year's resolution to be more active and exercise, I didn't think it would be everyday! Oh well, the students are great and make my job alot more fun! The funnest game to play is "What time is it Mrs. Fox?...fun! I have to tell the students (Kindergarten thru 2nd) what time it is and they take that many steps and when I say, "Midnight" they run and I have to chase them and try to tag them....they're really fast! And it's not easy running in 3'in. boots! For the older students, we play kick ball and I never realized how much I knew about sports as far as rules and then I realized, I was once married to a sports finatic! I guess all those softball games that I loathed, payed off! Tag up, fouls, stealing bases, bunts, etc., yeah, I'm on it! So, I just answered our house phone and it was a cousin from Greece! Her name is Anastacia and she lives over in Crete (I think?!). My Dad met her when he and my Yiayia and Uncle Michael and his family and my Aunt Helen went over there a few years ago. My Dad talks to her once in awhile and they email back and forth. She asked me when I was coming to Greece and I said, "soon." Wishful thinking Chris. One of these days, I hope I can go over there and see where my Yiayia grew up and my Papou and their lovely country. Back to reality....my daughter and my parents are going to S.L.C. today to visit Danny and Steph and the baby and I'm staying home and I'm not happy about it at all! I just have so much catching up to do with school, since I worked on days I needed off for certain things and now I'm paying for it. It's just hard to say "No" especially when it's the teacher who calls and asks you to work! Oh well, whatever. I guess I'll stop here and get back to focusing on school work....wish me luck!

1 comment:

Stephanie K. said...

So glad to see your blog. You're a funny writer!