Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Non-Smoker!!

What was I thinking? Taking college courses online is much more complicated than I imagined. Not only am I trying to figure out where all my assignments are located (Taskstream, ebooks, Prometric, etc.), but I have to find the time to get online and have enough time to get the work done. Night time would be the best, but honestly, getting up at 5:00am and staying up until midnight (or even past 9:00pm!) is kickin' my arse! Seriously, I'm beginning to think I'm a little over my head.....or alot! So, the snow is melting and it's kinda sad, since I love Winter and winter fashion, layering is always my style! The more clothes I can pile on my "nonsmoking" body, the better! Seriously, It's been almost 1 year (February 19th)since I've quit smoking and I have put on a few extra pounds....as in 20 extra! Big deal...that's what I say cuz I will take a little weight gain over smoking any day! It was terribly hard to quite and I have tried for several years, until finally, with my daughter and my Mom keeping at me to quit; I realized it was time. It was such a burden on me and my family. Everywhere we went, I had to stop and have a smoke. If we went hiking for the day, I would have to take my cigarettes and a Pepsi, cuz I had to have a Pepsi with a cigarette and smoking in a beautiful scenic location and smoking don't go together very well. Staying at hotels, I always had to have a room with a balcony, so I could go out and smoke and then the smell would just linger into the room and everyone had to suffer. And having to go outside at home because that's where I had to go to smoke,even if it was freezing cold in the winter. Yeah, really fun.Anyone who thinks cigarettes are not addicting...they must not smoke or they have never tried quitting smoking. I still want to smoke everyday, but I know I can't because if I do, I will start again. And that's not an option for me. And to know I can stand next to others and not worry about smelling like cigarettes is such a relief and my teeth are whiter and I chew gum to enjoy the flavor and not to try and mask the smell of cigarettes. So much more liberating, than I thought it would be and I still can't believe it has already been a year! Keep up the good work, whoever has quit and for those who are trying...don't give up, it will happen if you want it bad enough. Oh, and Popsicles were my run-to treat because when I wanted to smoke, I grabbed a Popsicle and off I went to have my downtime. Especially the banana and root beer ones. They really work! Speaking of which, gotta go, it's Popsicle time! Peace.

1 comment:

Danny K. said...

Congtratulations on the one year anniversary! Just get dad to quit now. Sorry I missed your birthday. I'll call you tomorrow. I'm a jackass.